Elna Myburg private piano lessons in Kingwood Texas
My name is Elna Myburg.
I offer private piano lessons and keyboard lessons for residents of Kingwood Texas and surrounding areas. I am a composer and accomplished smooth jazz pianist who is also classically trained. My teaching experience spans over 20 years, from beginners to advanced students.
I offer well rounded piano instruction which includes technical training, repertoire, music theory, ear training and improvisation, all depending on the student's needs and desires.
I believe that the teaching environment plays an important role in keeping students enthusiastic, especially the younger ones. Some students need more than a piano and some sheet music to stay interested. I teach in a well-equipped home recording studio that reflects my passion for music.
I don’t just teach my students how to "read notes". (A computer program can do that!) I inspire them to become emotionally involved by experiencing the music from a young age. There is a difference between “playing the sunrise” and playing the notes of the piece called “The Sunrise”. To help them achieve more emotional depth, I use visual aids like pictures and artwork during lessons. In addition to my pianos, we use my music workstation to experiment with different sounds to create an appropriate mood for the piece being played. Playing a musical instrument is an emotional and creative process, not just a mechanical skill.
Does your child have the talent to create his or her own music? Such a talent can easily remain hidden without the right opportunities and inspiration. Being a composer myself, I love to guide students who might be interested in trying their hands at composing and improvisation.
I believe that piano and keyboard lessons should be fun and that you're never to old to reach your musical goals. I love sharing the gift of music with my students and it gives me much joy to see them make progress.
Here are a few of my own compositions. Once you click on the song it takes a few seconds to start, so please be patient.
Twenty four seven
Beauty for ashes
I received my classical training from the Music conservatory
of the University of Stellenbosch, South Africa, where I obtained
a Bachelors degree in music. I also have a Honors Degree in Musicology
from the University of South Africa. Since moving to the United States in 1998 I continued my music education in Jazz.
I am a member of the American society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP), and the 2014/2015 President of the Kingwood - Humble Music Teachers Association (KHMTA).
I've been living in Kingwood, Texas with my husband and two sons for the past 15 years.
- Contact Elna today to start your private piano lessons
- Contact Elna today, it is never too late to give someone you love the gift of music
- Information about Private Piano Lessons
- information about Private Piano Lessons at Perfect-Pitch-Music in Kingwood and Atascocita , Texas
- Interesting articles about music, music education, and music instruments
- Articles about music, music instruments and music education
- Tips for making the most of your piano practice times
- To become competent in the piano, you need to diligintly practice piano. Here are some tips to make the most of your piano practice time.
- Elna Myburg Prescribed Piano method books
- Elna Myburg Piano Studio Prescribed Piano method books
- Share this information with your friends
- Share the information of piano lessons in Kingwood with your friends
- Great resources for Kids
- Here are some great links to help kids appreciate music and also learn a bit about notes
- Elna Myburg Piano Studio 2012 - 2013 Calendar
- Articulates what days the Elna Myburg piano studio will be closed during the school year